IN HIS OWN WORDS:
(About winning a championship for Team Penske in his first year with the team): I certainly dreamed I could come in and win a lot of races and win the championship. But I don’t think I believed that (a championship) was going to happen. It was certainly hard to believe that.
- Won 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Championship in his first season with Team Penske.
- Seven-time Indy car race winner, including a career-best four wins in 2017.
- His dominating win at Iowa in 2016 set an Indy car record for most laps led by a race winner.
- Proud graduate of the Mazda Road to Indy, he won the 2011 Indy Lights championship with five race victories.
- Recipient of 2012 Tony Renna Rising Star Award
- A versatile athlete, who appeared on a 2016 episode of “American Ninja Warrior” with other Verizon IndyCar Series drivers and has participated in the NFL Combine and the Indiana Pacers Slam Dunk contest. He played baseball and basketball before turning to racing.
- Listens to R&B and Dance/EDM and is a fan of Twenty One Pilots, The Weeknd, Skrillex and Diplo.
- Loves fashion. Appearing front row at the Rag & Bone Fashion Show during New York Fashion Week in
September 2016; cover model on the March issue of Image & Style magazine and the only model in an
eight-page feature in the Spring 2016 issue of Pattern magazine.
- Spokesperson for the Best Friends Animal Society and featured in its "Show Your Soft Side" campaign, also represents Outrun the Sun, a melanoma and skin cancer awareness organization.
- Enjoys rock climbing and most outdoor activities; an avid Forza player.